For those of you who have not heard of Ask Away Friday, here is the gist of this amazing opportunity. It is a fabulous way to make new friends, meet and get to know your fellow blogger friends by simply exchanging 10 questions with another blogger and then sharing those posts with your communities. I was invited to join in a couple of weeks ago and have quickly become addicted…for such a shy person, this is an amazing way to get to know people.
This wonderfully awesome opportunity is brought to the bloggy world by the amazing Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fab Mom. Please stop by and check them out, you won’t regret that you did!
This week, I have the great pleasure to be swapping with a new bloggy friend courtesy of #AskAwayFriday, Tamara from Tamara (Like) Camera Blog! Tamara is an amazing photographer, momma, wife, and fellow Whovian! She is a very warm and gracious lady so be sure to stop by and show her some love!
1. I found this from Ginger of http://justoneoftheboys.com, and I loved it so much I’ve used it twice already. What profession would you most like to try? And what profession would you most hate to try?
I think that I would most like to become an published author of romance novels. If I ever get some free time to complete what I have started, maybe that dream will come true.
As for one I would not want to try, I think I will go with Police Officer. It is a bit too hardcore for me.
2. What’s something that has really surprised you about blogging?
The amazing help and kindness that has come from others in the community.
3. Same question but with marriage. Of course I read your “about me” and you mentioned good times and bad times, and I think we can all relate..
I think for me, it would be being able to work as a cohesive unit as parents and as a couple. I have seen so much negativity between divorced couples, that only affects the children. After my divorce from hubby #1, we came to an agreement that every decision we would make would be in the best interest of my oldest son. I have been blessed to have that same positive unit with my second hubby.
4. And I had already written this when I saw your questions to me, but here goes: Who is your favorite Doctor of all? Who is your favorite Doctor in that “hubba hubba” way (the hottest), and who is your favorite companion? (K-9 counts)
My favorite Doctor and the one that also falls in the “hubba hubba” category has to be the 10th Doctor David Tennant. There is just something about the man. Well okay, it is his Scottish accent that for sure makes me melt!
Now for my favorite companion…this one is super difficult and sadly I don’t know that I can actually pick just one. First off would be Capt. Jack Harkness who is played John Barrowman, again another Scotsman who actually grew up in Illinois, just a few hours away from where I have lived all of my life. Next is a complete toss up between Rose Tyler who is played by Billie Piper, and she was the first companion that I watched, and Sarah Jane Smith who was played by Elisabeth Sladen.
And who wouldn’t love K-9! LOL!
5. What’s something you’ve won, and how did you win it?
I have won a couple of things over the years. In grade school, I won top seller in a school fundraiser and won $100. When I worked for a local tv station, I won employee of the month a couple of times netting $300 for each win, as well as employee of the year I won a cruise to the Caribbean. I also won 2 different Chicken Soup for the Soul books through a blogging contest a couple of months ago.
6. What’s the most recent compliment that has really touched your heart?
I think the most recent was a comment that was left on last week’s #AAF from Drea at So She Writes, where she called me Superwoman and said that my family was blessed to have me. It meant a lot to me because, I didn’t have any real role models on being a mom, I have been winging it for 20 + years.
7. What’s your favorite season of the year, and why?
My favorite season is probably spring time, because I love a good spring thunderstorm.
8. I saw this in a game once and I loved the question. What one word best sums up your high school experience?
Blah! I really hated high school and couldn’t wait to get out.
9. I’d ask you your favorite TV show, but since you’re my fellow Whovian blogger, I’d love to hear FIVE of your favorite TV shows. (does anyone have time to watch five shows? I find a way..)
1. Doctor Who
3. Once Upon A Time
5. Wife Swap
10. What was the last concert you attended?
The last concert that I attended was Rick Springfield at the Prairie Capital Convention Center in Springfield, Illinois. It was an awesome show!
Well that is all of the questions that Tamara had for me for this weeks #AAF. Please be sure to stop by her site at Tamara Camera Photography Blog to read her answers to the questions that I asked of her! Also don’t forget to stop by Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fab Mom to read some of the other awesome participants of #AskAwayFriday!