For those of you who have not heard of Ask Away Friday, here is the gist of this amazing opportunity. It is a fabulous way to make new friends, meet and get to know your fellow blogger friends by simply exchanging 10 questions with another blogger and then sharing those posts with your communities. I was invited to join in a couple of weeks ago and have quickly become addicted…for such a shy person, this is an amazing way to get to know people.
This wonderfully awesome opportunity is brought to the bloggy world by the amazing Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fab Mom. Please stop by and check them out, you won’t regret that you did!
This week, I have the great pleasure to be swapping with a new bloggy friend courtesy of #AskAwayFriday, Sarah from Small Town Iowan. She is a wife and mom to two adorable little girls and she makes Tutu’s! Stop by and show her some love!
1. What is one of your favorite family activities?
Summer weenie roasts in the back yard! Hot dogs, marshmallows and glazed doughnuts over an open fire!
2. Seen you have been with your husband for 16 years. What’s your secrets to a long relationship? 🙂
Now I am no expert on this, but here is my take…Don’t give up on things so quickly. My hubby and I have had our share of troubles over the years, but fighting through the problems that have come up, make you a stronger person and therefore a stronger couple. I think that divorce is too easy of an out, anymore, and I am divorced from my first hubby.
3. Seen you like to listen to music. What’s an artist that seems to just take you to your happy place, make you relax?
I would say that right now, my favorite would be Myles Kennedy, there is something about his voice that just gives me goosebumps! It doesn’t hurt that he is quite dreamy to look at either! LOL!
4. I am a fan of romance novels too. Who’s your favorite author?
Oh I have so many! LOL! My hubby would just roll his eyes! LOL! I absolutely love, love, love…Johanna Lindsay, Catherine Coulter, Jo Beverly, Stephanie Laurens, Mary Jo Putney…just to name a few!
5. We just hit 2014. Any resolutions for the year?
Not really any resolutions, more than things that I need to accomplish…losing about 30 pounds, quitting smoking, and Mountain Dew.
6. Any fun things you have planned for 2014? Trips?
Nothing really exciting set for 2014 at this point. We generally tend to be a bit fly by the seat of our pants kinda folks. Once an idea hits, then the planning begins.
7. Also seen you love tattoos. I have five so I do too. Where are yours and what are they?
I have five also…three $20 specials on my right shoulder, one on my left shoulder, and one on my right calf.
8. I’m sure you’ve gotten many homeschool questions. I’ve actually considered it. What’s a tip to people who want to start?
Research! Look into the different options to find the perfect fit for your family.
9. We’ve made it through the big holidays. Besides those ones, Valentines Day is a favorite of mine, we go to the Mall of America every year. 🙂 What’s the next holiday you look forward to?
I almost always look forward to Halloween, the one time of the year that I can go and see the Rocky Horror Picture Show with my oldest son, as long as money permits. It is such a great time!
10. What’s your favorite thing to do to unwind.
Reading a good book and/or listening to music. Music has really always been a soul soother for me.
Well that rounds out this week’s questions from Sarah at Small Town Iowan, please be sure to stop by her site and check out the questions that I gave to her! And also don’t forget to stop by Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fab Mom to check out some of the other amazing ladies who link up each week for #AskAwayFriday!