For those of you who have not heard of Ask Away Friday, here is the gist of this amazing opportunity. It is a fabulous way to make new friends, meet and get to know your fellow blogger friends by simply exchanging 10 questions with another blogger and then sharing those posts with your communities. I was invited to join in a couple of weeks ago and have quickly become addicted…for such a shy person, this is an amazing way to get to know people.
This wonderfully awesome opportunity is brought to the bloggy world by the amazing Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County and Amber from Bold Fab Mom. Please stop by and check them out, you won’t regret that you did!
This week, I have the great pleasure to be swapping with a blogger that I came across very early on in my bloggy adventure. I have been a quiet stalker ever since, the fabulous Jodi from The Noise of Boys! If you have not been to her site…what are you waiting for! LOL! Jodi offers reviews, giveaways, and an often times humorous insight into raising toddler boys and everything else that comes along with being a wife and mommy. She is also a collaborator for a weekly feature with Melissa from Home on Deranged called, “True Tales from the Pink and Blue Trenches”. This feature showcases their adventures as one mom with all boys and one mom with all girls.
My questions from Jodi!
1. I know you started blogging in 2012, how did you first discover it?
I would say that my first real discovery with blogs came from Pinterest and searching up recipes. After that, I started researching homeschooling and found a ton of blogs by mom’s that also homeschooled. From there it just kind of snowballed and I would see links on certain blogs to other blogs and so on and so on. I very quickly became addicted!
2. You are so involved, in the “blog hopping” community- Do you have a hop you most look forward to each week or month?
Yes and no…there are so many that I look forward to, however, I flake out more often than not and completely miss linking up. I always see the notifications and say to myself, “Let me finish this task and I will head back, so that I can take a few minutes to do it justice.” I have got to get myself more organized!
3. Did you always want to home school your children? Do you have any recommendation/tips for those considering it?
Funny thing is no. LOL! Some of that was really because I wasn’t sure I was smart enough, especially in math. My oldest son went to public school and graduated barely, but with him it wasn’t even an option…his dad would’ve had a stroke. When the two younger ones started school, it wasn’t an option due to working full time and being full time caregiver to my mom, there was no way. Of course, in all this time, our public schools were getting worse by the day. Our Superintendent was horrible and the teachers were as bad as other kids at being bullies.
My best tip is do your research, decide what kind of an education you want for your child/children and research the available options. Also be sure to follow your states laws regarding homeschooling, as each state is different.
4. You make your own laundry detergent! Awesome! Any other eco + frugal mom tips or recipes you could share or are considering trying?
I have made a few things, so far, but for a couple of them…I forgot the camera! LOL! I am so horrible about remembering to grab my phone so that I can have pics to post! LOL!
Here is the link to the page I created for showcasing the products that I have made and those for the future, “Homemade Product Love”. 🙂
5. Congrats! You won a vacation to a remote Island for 30 days! Sorry L no technology! Besides family….What 3 things are bringing with you?
Probably a journal of sorts and a couple of Stephanie Laurens novels.
6. I read you were not a fan of the original screen adaptation of VC Andrews’ Flowers In the Attic… The remade version is out in January 14, Will you watch? Are there any tv or movie adaptations that you liked as well as, or more than a book?
Oh my, I cannot wait to see it! 🙂
Well I definitely liked the movie “The Princess Bride” better than the book, but the movie Jewels, which is adapted from the Danielle Steele novel “Jewels”, I loved them both. I actually have liked most of her books and movies.
7. Choose 3 words that best describe your personality!
Shy, Strong, Loyal
8. Looking in to the NEW YEAR- Do you plan to make a resolution?
Every year, I have all of the best intentions in the world, but sadly they never make it to completion. I suppose that could be one…Make a plan and stick to it…starting to exercise regularly would be another one and maybe to quit smoking, finally.
9. I read in a former #AAF post you would like to go to Salem MA! I LOVE Salem! Any other sites of historical periods peak your interest?
Not majorly, no. Salem has always held a huge fascination for me, ever since I was a kid. Another would be The Outer Banks of North Carolina, stories of The Lost Colony of Roanoke has been another interest of mine for years. I suppose to see some of the Revolutionary and Civil War sites would be interesting to see.
10. If you could go back and visit ANY period of time in history and do something special/or meet an important figure… When/who/where?
This one is kind of a tough one. To see and experience Victorian Scotland and England and a chance to visit with Queen Victoria, would be amazing. But on the other hand, to go back in time and talk to my paternal grandparents or even an ancestor further back would really be cool, too.
Well that is all of the questions that Jodi had for me this week! I hope that you enjoyed this as much as I did! Don’t forget to stop over at Jodi’s and read the questions that I posed to her this week! Then head over to see Penny or Amber and read some of the other awesome participants of Ask Away Friday! Enjoy and have a great weekend!